Saturday, September 13, 2008

United Way - Dow Corning

Every year Dow Corning E'town contributes to United Way of Central KY. For the past 10 years Dow Corning E'town has been the #1 giver to this non-profit organization. The last 2 years I chaired our committee from Dow Corning and each year we raised a little more then the last.

This year we are being lead by Sarah Price Miller. She is doing an outstanding job!! The 2008-2009 campaign is going to be hard . . . GAS & FOOD PRICES, ALONG WITH EVERYDAY EXPENSES AND LASTLY OUR PLANT MANAGER, LARRY TARVESTAD, IS LEADING THE CAMPAIGN COUNTY WIDE!! He has set the county wide goal at $1.1 MILLION!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine!! But I know Dow Corning E'town is going to do their part!! We need to live the United Way motto . . . LIVE UNITED!!

http://www.liveunited.org/myuw/local.cfm

Today DC sponsored our 1st annual poker run!! It was a great success!! I would like to thank Katie, Biven, Baines, Owen & Debbie for helping today! It meant a lot to have you all there!! I'll keep everyone posted on our progress!!

No comments: