Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ice Storm 2009

The end of January was spent without power and all our other luxury items. We spent 3 days without power in a row and then lost it a few more times later on in the week, but we were very blessed to have family with power.
Our power went out on Tuesday night during Biggest Loser. Of course at that time all I was worried about was who was going to get voted off. It hit me a few minutes later that it could be like this for awhile. So the boys and I slept in front of the fireplace that night. Then on Wednesday morning when we still didn't have power I started to worry. I called Mama and they had everything, but phones & tv. I can live without those two things! So we packed up the car and headed to Tonieville Road and moved in with Mama and Garry.

Brad went to work on Thursday and during the day our power came back on. So we headed back to our house. Nothing like your own bed! We thought we were in the clear, but we were wrong!! We lost power a few more times, but it finally came back on to stay Saturday night around bed time.
Here are some pics from the storm:





By Sunday everything had melted and the guys were enjoying the HOT TUB!

1 comment:

The McBrides said...

Ahhhh...so happy to see some updates!!!! Glad to have you back in blogging world!!!